|Jacob Hill (son of Isaac Hill) in the doorway of his greengrocery shop, a wooden building at the corner of Albion Road and Wirksmoor Road New Mills. Jacob Hill moved to Canada in 1907.|
Road, with Brunswick Mill at rear. Beehive Inn on left. Junction with Jodrell
Street on right. c.1927
Paragon Garage Buxton Road - J Bold proprietor,
Bank End Buxton Road the house is now obscured by large trees.
Procession, Albion Road just above the station. c:1920s|
The shop in the background used to be Newtown Post Office. The shed at one time was Croft's Cobblers shop.
Grid lock on Buxton Road
Mills Co-operative Society Ltd,|
Branch No 7. Grocery shop, near Swan Hotel, Buxton Road. c:1910
Disley Buxton Road
Disley Rams Head Hotel
Fountain Sq Disley
The Grove Inn, Buxton Road, New Mills.
Meadow Lane Disley c.1920
Newtown Station - Back to top of page
The Swan Hotel New Mills
|St John's Ambulance Brigade at Newtown. Seated far right is John William Wright from Newtown New Mills - c.1910|